Friday, June 6, 2014

The tiller needed a new spark plug so I went to The Sears parts website.  The plug was $3.99 plus $7.00 shipping.  What?!?!  So, I figured the store would have it in stock, I would just drive 15 minutes away to get it.  I walked into the lawnmower department and saw 3 salesman hanging out talking.  I started looking at the spark plugs on the wall display and didn't see the one I needed, but also noticed that all three salesmen conveniently disappeared rather than offer help.  I had to go to customer service and they sent back a very disheveled looking salesman.  Great.  I gave him the part number, the model number, the year of the tiller, etc.  he said he couldn't look it up by the part number and that he needed to see the spark plug!  I told him he didn't need the plug if I had the part number and I saw where the part number could be typed in to search for it.  He typed in the model number and tried to find the plug in a diagram!  He said they showed every part except the plug.  I once again told him to type in the part number...which he finally did.  Viola!  It came up on the screen and he once again looked on the wall to see if it was there.  At this point I said I would just order it online.  He put his foot up on a lawnmower and started pulling his sock up!  Thank you, Sears, for hiring such competent service professionals!

No comments:

Post a Comment